If you are purchasing a new house, it is vital for you to know the condition of home plumbing system to ensure you are making a great investment. The plumbing system is an essential aspect of any property. It not only balances the flow of water in and out of the property, but also completes your house. Without a fully functioning plumbing system, you may have to deal with numerous problems. Therefore, it is essential for you to arrange for an experienced plumber who will visit your property to assess the condition.
Regular care and maintenance of plumbing systems is necessary to keep them in the good condition. Below are several plumbing problems, which when not handled on time can interfere with the good health of your plumbing system.
• Leaking Pipes- If you hear dripping sounds, then you may have leaking pipes. A dripping faucet or pipe can waste a significant amount of water which will consequently increase your utility bills. Choose a time when there is a no or little activity such early in the morning or late at night to check for leaky pipes.
• Low Water Pressure- If you notice less water pressure in your pipes, then there might be a problem in the sewer line. Low water pressure in your pipes indicates that your sewer pipes have corroded, cracked or frozen. You should immediately call in a skilled professional like Gluff Plumbing when you notice low water pressure supply in your pipes.
• Strange or rattling noises – If your pipes are making strange noises, then check the supply valves for leaks. The packing that seals the valve stem may be loose or broken which is making the rattling sound of the pipes.
• Running Toilet – If your toilet is running even after flushing, then you might require replacing the inner workings. The problem of running toilets arises when the flapper valve lets the water pass from the tank to the bowl. When it no longer fits properly, you may experience the problem of running toilets.
• Clogged Drains – Most of us do not pay attention to what we are passing down the drains, which results in clogged drains. In most of the cases, the plunger may do the job. But if it is not able to remove the clog entirely, call a skilled plumber like Gluff Plumbing.